Sunday, 31 July 2016

"Keep on Rockin' in the Free World"

'There’s a warning sign on the road ahead,
There’s a lot of people saying we’d be better off dead
Keep on rockin’ in the free world
Keep on rockin’ in the free world"



I'm desperate! Dan




But where’s the free world, Neil ?
Irony’s lost on me.
I no longer act  -  too numb to feel.
I guess I’ll go back to bonnie Dundee
Where D.C. Thomson prints reactionary tripe
Twixt couthy lines of The Broons and Desperate Dan
That scramble my mind and fog up my sight
Of the devil and detail of a usurer's scam.






The first stanza is taken from Neil Young's "Keep on Rockin' in the Free World" to be found on his 1989 album "Freedom."

My photo caption is extracted from the script of Alan Bleasdale's "Boys from the Black Stuff" (BBC, 1982).

The statue of Desperate Dan created in 2001 by artists Tony and Susie Morrows shows the great man striding the High Street, Dundee.
Post a Comment